Pittsburgh Mission Memoirs

October 21, 2013

Missionary Slim likes photoblogging (Week 89 in Pennsylvania, Week 13 in Dover, PA)

This might be mostly a photo blog post. Lots of great things have been talked about in the blog, but I haven't put up pictures in a while.



A recent hurricane blew through, causing this flooding. It was pretty intense!


Kyle's baptism!

In other news, Transfers! Tomorrow, I am off to different climes. Yep, I'm being transferred. All that I know is I'm going to be somewhere in the western side of the mission, but that's about it. It'll be totally different than what I've been up to lately, though. New area, new ward (or branch), new investigators, new companion, new everything! Except toothbrush - I'm hanging on to that.
For the record, this is going to be my sixth area. Probably my last, too, but I'm not going to say one way or the other for fear of getting jinxed.
I'm leaving behind a bunch of great people, which is the worst part about being transferred. A ton of people who I wasn't expecting came up to me at church and sincerely told me goodbye. It was super touching.
Wherever I go, though, It'll be good. It'll be where the Lord wants me to go. That, I'm excited for.

Love,

Elder Alex Anderson, AKA Missionary Slim

No comments :

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments ( Atom )

About Me

Get to know me.

Blog Archive

  • 2014 (6)
    • February (1)
    • January (5)
  • 2013 (52)
    • December (5)
    • November (4)
    • October (4)
      • Missionary Slim doesn't have to use his ruby slipp...
      • Missionary Slim likes photoblogging (Week 89 in Pe...
      • Missionary Slim sees a TON of fish but is having t...
      • Missionary Slim has a few words to pass on to ever...
    • September (5)
    • August (4)
    • July (5)
    • June (4)
    • May (4)
    • April (5)
    • March (4)
    • February (4)
    • January (4)
  • 2012 (52)
    • December (5)
    • November (5)
    • October (5)
    • September (4)
    • August (4)
    • July (6)
    • June (4)
    • May (4)
    • April (5)
    • March (4)
    • February (4)
    • January (2)
  • 2011 (3)
    • December (3)

Popular Posts

  • Missionary Slim Wishes you a very Happy Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, Advent? Is Slim getting confused? (Week 95 in Pennsylvania, Week 6 in Wintersville, Ohio)
    Happy Turkey Holocaust Day, everyone! And happy Hanukkah. And Advent. All that jazz. We had a crazy week. We were walking around in downtow...
  • Missionary Slim and the Average Pennsylvanian (Week 3 in Pennsylvania, Week 3 in Lebanon, PA)
    Well, this past week started as usual - We had a few appointments already scheduled, a few plans made ahead of time. As Elder Nelson and I...
  • Missionary Slim encounters a new opportunity and an old one. Coincidence? I think not. (Week 86 in Pennsylvania, Week 10 in Dover, PA)
    We were walking down the street. It was a pleasant day; the sun was shining, and clouds glided by, creating shadows here and there occas...
  • Musings From my Personal Study
    Little known fact: I prefer my scripture study in the evening. Peace and quiet, plenty of time (I believe that sacrificing sleep for The Lor...
  • Missionary Slim meets someone who says that she is, "Mostly Catholic." (Week 63 in Pennsylvania, Week 4 in Somerset, PA)
    An interesting (or perhaps, very uninteresting) thing about Pennsylvania, and something that has been a big part of my mission so far: The...
  • Missionary Slim thinks " Who needs Punxsutawney Phil when I have Somerset Mandy ". (Week 64 in Pennsylvania, Week 5 in Somerset, PA)
    Service has been the theme of this week. Pennsylvania did a giant day of service on Saturday where we spent several hours raking and baggin...
  • Missionary Slim doesn't have to use his ruby slippers to get home, just the power of prayer and a tank of gas (Week 90 in Pennsylvania, Week 1 in Wintersville, Ohio)
    "Gee, Toto, I don't think we're in Pennsylvania anymore!" And isn't that the truth! After a wild turn of events, ...
  • Missionary Slim is learning Spanish? (Week 16 in Pennsylvania, Week 16 in Lebanon, PA)
    "ELDEEEEERS! What's happening?!?" "Nothing much, Hector. It's our P-Day." "Then you are coming over her...
  • Incredible Beginning (Week 1 in the MTC, Provo Utah)
    Here I am. The first week here at the MTC, and first week as a missionary. I don't even recognize myself anymore. It has been such an ...
  • Missionary Slim sees some amazing transformations (Week 38 in Pennsylvania, Week 2 in Washington, PA)
    Here comes another story about food. This time, our cuisine comes from the deep south - New Orleans. Sister Southern, a less-active membe...

© Pittsburgh Mission Memoirs