Pittsburgh Mission Memoirs

January 28, 2013

Missionary Slim has a Senior moment. " Blog post? What blog post? (Week 51 in Pennsylvania, Week 15 in Washington, PA)

Uhh. so I totally forgot to write anything for the blog. I have no idea why. It just totally slipped my mind. So... I guess... nothing this week. I feel really bad. I've been dipping around while my companion took forever on his emails, and completely spaced the blog. I don't know what's up with that. I'm tired, I guess. Anyway, this week has been a good one, we've been safe and healthy, we did work. I'll talk about all of that next week. But for now, I feel really dumb.

Anyway, love you lots!
Elder Alex Anderson, AKA Missionary Slim
 
Alex sent this to me and I thought it might make up for his lack of a blog entry. 
 
Earthly Father, Heavenly Father

Video:
Men on Earth have the opportunity to become fathers and experience some of the same joys that our Heavenly Father feels for us. Fatherhood is a divine responsibility to be cherished.
http://www.lds.org/pages/mormon-messages?lang=eng
 
Have a great week. Missionary Slim's not so slim father. :) 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments ( Atom )

About Me

Get to know me.

Blog Archive

  • 2014 (6)
    • February (1)
    • January (5)
  • 2013 (52)
    • December (5)
    • November (4)
    • October (4)
    • September (5)
    • August (4)
    • July (5)
    • June (4)
    • May (4)
    • April (5)
    • March (4)
    • February (4)
    • January (4)
      • Missionary Slim has a Senior moment. " Blog post? ...
      • Missionary Slim Reaches his Hump Day ( What Hump? ...
      • Missionary Slim is in the right place at the right...
      • Missionary Slim Falls for a great prank ( You mean...
  • 2012 (52)
    • December (5)
    • November (5)
    • October (5)
    • September (4)
    • August (4)
    • July (6)
    • June (4)
    • May (4)
    • April (5)
    • March (4)
    • February (4)
    • January (2)
  • 2011 (3)
    • December (3)

Popular Posts

  • Missionary Slim Wishes you a very Happy Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, Advent? Is Slim getting confused? (Week 95 in Pennsylvania, Week 6 in Wintersville, Ohio)
    Happy Turkey Holocaust Day, everyone! And happy Hanukkah. And Advent. All that jazz. We had a crazy week. We were walking around in downtow...
  • Missionary Slim and the Average Pennsylvanian (Week 3 in Pennsylvania, Week 3 in Lebanon, PA)
    Well, this past week started as usual - We had a few appointments already scheduled, a few plans made ahead of time. As Elder Nelson and I...
  • Missionary Slim encounters a new opportunity and an old one. Coincidence? I think not. (Week 86 in Pennsylvania, Week 10 in Dover, PA)
    We were walking down the street. It was a pleasant day; the sun was shining, and clouds glided by, creating shadows here and there occas...
  • Musings From my Personal Study
    Little known fact: I prefer my scripture study in the evening. Peace and quiet, plenty of time (I believe that sacrificing sleep for The Lor...
  • Missionary Slim meets someone who says that she is, "Mostly Catholic." (Week 63 in Pennsylvania, Week 4 in Somerset, PA)
    An interesting (or perhaps, very uninteresting) thing about Pennsylvania, and something that has been a big part of my mission so far: The...
  • Missionary Slim thinks " Who needs Punxsutawney Phil when I have Somerset Mandy ". (Week 64 in Pennsylvania, Week 5 in Somerset, PA)
    Service has been the theme of this week. Pennsylvania did a giant day of service on Saturday where we spent several hours raking and baggin...
  • Missionary Slim doesn't have to use his ruby slippers to get home, just the power of prayer and a tank of gas (Week 90 in Pennsylvania, Week 1 in Wintersville, Ohio)
    "Gee, Toto, I don't think we're in Pennsylvania anymore!" And isn't that the truth! After a wild turn of events, ...
  • Missionary Slim is learning Spanish? (Week 16 in Pennsylvania, Week 16 in Lebanon, PA)
    "ELDEEEEERS! What's happening?!?" "Nothing much, Hector. It's our P-Day." "Then you are coming over her...
  • Incredible Beginning (Week 1 in the MTC, Provo Utah)
    Here I am. The first week here at the MTC, and first week as a missionary. I don't even recognize myself anymore. It has been such an ...
  • Missionary Slim sees some amazing transformations (Week 38 in Pennsylvania, Week 2 in Washington, PA)
    Here comes another story about food. This time, our cuisine comes from the deep south - New Orleans. Sister Southern, a less-active membe...

© Pittsburgh Mission Memoirs